Line Cook Sauté
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a part time position with potential to become full time.
***Please email your resume and INCLUDE a cover letter in the body of the email*** DO NOT CALL the Restaurant about this position. Any calls regarding this position will disregarded.
Job Title: Line Cook Sauté
The Owl House is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Preps food according to the designated station’s prep list.*
- Prepares all menu items in accordance with recipe guidelines and par levels.*
- Executes all kitchen orders according to recipe specifications.*
- Prepares all ingredients needed for designated station daily, following chef’s prep and par lists.*
- Complies with safety guidelines and minimum age requirements when handling kitchen equipment and utensils.*
- Follows all portion and quality standards.*
- Maintains and stocks designated station, freezers, refrigerators and store room with food products daily, follows proper rotation system, and notifies chef of any discrepancies or shortages.*
- Labels and dates all food products in storage and refrigeration areas appropriately.*
- Ensures all products are stored or disposed of properly at the end of the night.*
- Cleans food preparation equipment and work areas according to health and safety guidelines and cleans counter or tables.*
- Adheres to all restaurant policies and procedures paying special attention to health and/or safety requirements and communicates any concerns to management.*
- Communicates with servers in a professional manner regarding customer service.*
- Performs all closing duties of the kitchen daily as determined by chef.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
Ability to multi-task
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.