Email resume to email@example.com. This is a part time position with potential to become full time.
***Please email your resume and INCLUDE a cover letter in the body of the email*** DO NOT CALL the Restaurant about this position. Any calls regarding this position will disregarded.
Job Title: Prep Cook
The Owl House is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Daily preparation of soups, sauces, dressings, proteins, based on prep and par list.*
- Organization of prep space and walk in cooler, accurately labeling and dating all products.*
- Ensures all food is stored properly.*
- Responsible for washing all prep related dishes.*
- Maintains cleanliness of prep space according to health and safety guidelines.*
- Helps control inventories of food and makes necessary adjustments if possible or reports shortages to Head Chef.*
- Follows all portion and quality standards as communicated by head chef and kitchen manager.*
- Complies with safety guidelines and minimum age requirements when handling kitchen equipment and utensils.*
- Adheres to all restaurant policies and procedures paying special attention to health and/or safety requirements and communicates any concerns to management.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, and point of sale systems.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
Has the ability to read recipes and follow directions. Must be able to use job aides and measuring utensils
Has strong organizational skills and ability to follow and enforce first-in-first-out procedures
Has a good attitude and is a team player
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and must regularly go up and down one flight of stairs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.